The Sewer Line Rapid Assessment Tool, or SL-RAT®, is a highly portable onsite assessment tool for quickly detecting blockage conditions in gravity-fed sewers. SL-RAT now enables wastewater utility operators to economically use a Condition-Based Maintenance strategy to improve SSO performance while using less resources.
The SL-RAT is composed of two components– the Transmitter (TX) and the Receiver (RX). Each SL-RAT device is sold or leased as a pair – with the TX providing the active acoustic transmission through the pipe and RX “listening” for the blockage and processing the blockage assessment result.
- SL-RAT® is tuned for use in 6 -30″ (150mm-750mm) diameter unpressurized collection pipe
- Designed to operate in pipes with lateral connections, even in residential areas
- Ability to run tests to depths of 35 feet (12 meters) with no loss in measurement quality
- Designed to be used outdoors in the rain
- Rated for operation from 0 to 140° F (-18 to 60° C)
- Inspect 10,000 to 20,000 feet per day
- Provides assessment in 3 minutes or less
- No flow contact; no confined space entry
- Low Cost: 1/10th to 1/20th the cost of CCTV or cleaning
- Validated: EPA Report on Acoustic Inspection & ASTM Standard